A great salesperson encompasses many traits in their career to become highly successful.
Here is a list of the top 10 traits a great salesperson cultivates:
1. Speak to your clients’ needs, not your own.
2. Understand your clients’ value system.
3. Listen, really listen, to what your client tells you they need. Never assume you know what they want.
4. Show empathy – Let your clients see that you genuinely care. It makes them feel respected.
5. Build trust and value with your clients. Take responsibility if things go wrong and solve it for them.
6. Practice and rehearse your presentations. You’ll improve and gain confidence. Hearing “No” isn’t the end. It could mean not right now. Learn from the experience. Keep positive.
7. It’s okay to admit that you don’t have the answer. Be honest and get back to them with the right answer. They’ll appreciate your candor.
8. Be a creative problem solver that can offer solutions to help your customers! Think outside the box when needed. This is the differentiator between good sellers and great ones.
9. Put daily energy into your own development.
10. Love what you do! Be passionate about it.
Did I miss any you think should be on the list?